- Students must be at least sixteen years of age and not enrolled in the K- 12
programin order to register for an adult education program. Exceptions would be high school students who are taking credit classes in order to meet graduation requirements.
- Students entering the Adult Basic Education (ABE) or General Education Development (GED) programs are required to take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) for level placement. Students entering English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) programs are required to take the language placement test (CASAS). Students entering vocational programs of 450 clock hours or more in length are required to take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) upon entry into their program of study. Students scoring below the minimum exit requirement for their vocational program may be admitted on an “ability to benefit” basis. These students will be required to enroll in Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE) training designed to increase basic skill levels while continuing in their vocational studies. Upon achieving the minimum basic skill requirements, students will exit the academic program (ABE) and concentrate on completing their vocational training.
- Students wishing to register for the Adult Education Program for an adult high school diploma, must be 16 years of age or older and withdrawn from K-12 school. All students must complete a Data Input Registration Form #3999 http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/3999.pdf
- Adult students must pay a flat rate of $30.00 (AGE fee) and $5.00 school ID per trimester and present some form of picture identification (ID) in order to be registered.
- Registered high school students in need of completing credits in adult education, may enroll with written permission and Credit Verification Form from the high school principal, only. (Form# 4269) All students who register for Credit Recovery Courses must pay a $5.00 school ID fee each trimester http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/4269.pdf
- Proof of residency is no longer required for Adult General Education students (ESOL, ABE, AAAE, and GED), but students must present some form of picture identification (ID) in order to be registered. Students must pay a flat rate of $30.00 (AGE fee), $5.00 test fee, and $5.00 school ID per trimester.
- The tuition rates and proof of residency requirements for students registering for Career/Technical Education (CTE) programs remain as indicated below:
- Students registering for CTE programs will still be required to prove Florida Residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
- The established registration procedures for verifying Florida Residency for post-secondary CTE students will remain in effect. School site personnel will use the following guidelines:
- Verify residency utilizing FM-7425 http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/7425.pdf
- Indicate residency status on FM-3999 and enter into Focus
- Require students to sign an affidavit affirming residency for in-state tuition, utilizing FM-6909 or FM-6910 http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/6909.pdf or http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/6910.pdf
- This process should also be followed for AGE students that can provide proof of Florida Residency for tuition purposes at the time of registration, should they decide to enroll in CTE programs in the future.
- Students are required to be tested as part of the registration process except the following:
- students attending the regular high school program
- show proof of a standard Florida high school diploma received from 2007
- show proof of college degree
- Intake staff should strictly adhere to the following guidelines when registering a student/applicant that is attempting to prove 12 consecutive months of Florida Residency: UNACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS: Birth certificates, Library Cards, Bank Statements, Shopping/Rental Club Cards, Hunting/Fishing Licenses, Concealed Weapon/Gun Permit.
- Acceptable documentation verifying in-state status is categorized as group A and group B.
|Florida I.D. or Florida Driver’s License||Certified Letter from Agency|
|Vehicle Registration||Certificate of Domicile|
|Proof of Homestead Exemption||Enrollment in an Educational Institution|
|Proof of Permanent Home||Lease Agreement|
|High School Transcript||Membership in Florida-based Organization|
|Voter’s Registration Card||Florida Incorporation (12 prior months)|
|Proof of Full-Time Employment for past 12 months||Professional or Occupational License|
Note: One of the two pieces of documentation must be from group A.