Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R2)
This advanced training program is designed to prepare students for employment in the heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration and ventilation industry.
The content of this program includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Recognize and identify basic construction drawing terms, components, and symbols.
- Design heating and cooling systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair commercial heating and cooling systems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of electrical generation and distribution components for commercial heating and air conditioning systems.
- Maintain, test and adjust various commercial heating and air-conditioning accessories.
The Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R2) program provides classroom and laboratory (hands-on) experiences which enable students to become proficient in the installation, repair and maintenance of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems. The laboratory contains a variety of residential central air conditioning units and industry simulators.
- 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program
- Occupational Interest
- No specific requirement for Information Technology
Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanics
Air-Conditioning and Heating Installer
Warehouse & Parts Supplier
Marine Air Conditioning Technician
Building Maintenance Engineers
Refrigeration Sales and Services
According to the 2020 Bureau of Labor Statistics the median pay for an Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic was $50,590 annually or $24.32 per hour.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Applicants must have a high school diploma from an accredited High School, or its equivalent. To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, at www.fafsa.gov. Questions pertaining to this matter should be directed to the Financial Aid Office.
- In-state residents – $2.56 per hour (Subject to change)
- Out of state resident – $10.25 per hour (Subject to change)
- $15.00 application fee per trimester
- Material fee – Varies by program
- Identification fee – $5.00 per trimester
- Liability insurance fee – Varies by program
- Students must purchase books/kits and/or uniforms, if applicable