Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R)
Learn practical knowledge to pursue your HVAC career.
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning/refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry. The student should obtain EPA certification prior to leaving school in order to be employed in any job that requires work with refrigerants.
- Introduction to HVAC/R (250 Hours)
- HVAC/R Fundamentals (250 Hours)
- HVAC/R Service Practices (250 Hours)
- HVAC/R Intermediate Service Practices (250 Hours)
- HVAC/R Advanced Service Practices (formerly ‘Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Technician’) OR HVAC/R Advanced Commercial and Industrial Service Practices (formerly ‘Refrigeration Mechanic’) (350 Hours)
1,350 Hours (Approx. 2 years) is required to complete this program. The length of time is also dependent upon enrollment (full-time/part-time) and the completion of the required competencies.
Test Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) scores required for the course:
- Mathematics= 10
- Language= 9
- Reading= 9